Pathways to Sustainable Development? 4.1.2013 klo 14
02 Jan 2013
Pathways to Sustainable Development? From CBOs to Cooperatives https://www.facebook.com/events/180480408761575/
How do you work with different players to achieve efficiency in the working of projects, build democratic institutions, and achieve sustainability? Welcome to this event where you will have updates from Kenya and contribute towards the design of the eco-lodge in Cherangani Hills in Kenya.
Follow us: www.facebook.com/shalinry
Your opportunities to engage: http://shalinry.org/programme/volunteer/
Venue: Eurooppasali, Malminkatu 16 (Voimatalo), Helsinki
14.00-16.00 Introduction: Historical and background of the Kenya projects and the mission (Miia Toikka)
Update on the Comparative Evaluation of the Kenya projects: Renewable Energy (RE) and Environmental Sustainability (Senja Väätäinen, Independent Consultant)
Project approach: Current and emerging focus and the evolution of the “Cooperatives as the Operational Institutional Framework: Case Cherengani” (Joni Karjalainen, Shalin)
– Role of Eco-design in Sustainable Ethical Tourism (Marco Casagrande, Clab)
– The issue of Approaches, Impacts and Efficiency (Päivi Kovalainen, Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Discussion: – Experiences of Coops in different contexts of sustainable development
– What are the differences between CBOs and Coops? (Ilkka Jaakkola)
– How to ensure ecological criteria in a “start-up coop”?
– Projects, Movements and the Ideals of Democracy
After the discussion from around 16.00 onwards, there is free Q&A-time with volunteers and any organizations interested to discuss the approach, their own ideas and practical questions.